RSS

EDM ♪ Radio ♫ Music For Ever ♥

Try Amazon Music Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial Webplayer Link Music Forever Radio Stream

Read an Excerpt From Brian Wilson's Upcoming Memoir

Brian Wilson's long-in-the-works memoir I Am Brian Wilson: A Memoir has set a release date: October 11th. The Beach Boys legend first announced he was working on the autobiography in 2013. In addition to news of the memoir's arrival, De Capo Press, who will publish the 320-page book, also shared an introductory excerpt from I Am Brian Wilson, Pitchfork reports.

"My life has been written about over and over again, and that's mostly okay with me. Other people can talk about my life," Wilson writes. "Sometimes they'll get it right and sometimes they'll get it wrong. For me, when I think back across my own life, there are so many things that are painful. Sometimes I don't like discussing them. Sometimes I don't even like remembering them. But as I get older, the shape of that pain has changed."

For the memoir, Wilson teamed with Ben Greenman, who previously helped write Questlove's Mo' Meta Blues: The World According to Questlove. Wilson is currently on the road celebrating the 50th anniversary of Pet Sounds.

"Sometimes memories come back to me when I least expect them," Wilson continued. "Maybe that's the only way it works when you've lived the life I've lived: starting a band with my brothers that was managed by my father, watching my father become difficult and then impossible, watching myself become difficult and then impossible, watching women I loved come and go, watching children come into the world, watching my brothers get older, watching them pass out of the world. Some of those things shaped me. Others scarred me."

I Am Brian Wilson: A Memoir is Wilson's second autobiography following 1991's Wouldn't It Be Nice: My Own Story; however, the singer's controversial therapist Eugene Landy factored heavily into that tome and Wilson has since shunned the book, which remains out of print.

Wilson might not be the only Beach Boy whose life story hits bookshelves this year: Mike Love announced in 2014 that his Good Vibrations: My Life as a Beach Boy would be published this year. No release date for that book has been announced.

Read Wilson's full memoir excerpt below:

My life has been written about over and over again, and that's mostly okay with me. Other people can talk about my life. Sometimes they'll get it right and sometimes they'll get it wrong. For me, when I think back across my own life, there are so many things that are painful. Sometimes I don't like discussing them. Sometimes I don't even like remembering them. But as I get older, the shape of that pain has changed. Sometimes memories come back to me when I least expect them. Maybe that's the only way it works when you've lived the life I've lived: starting a band with my brothers that was managed by my father, watching my father become difficult and then impossible, watching myself become difficult and then impossible, watching women I loved come and go, watching children come into the world, watching my brothers get older, watching them pass out of the world. Some of those things shaped me. Others scarred me. Sometimes it was hard to tell the difference. When I watched my father fly into a rage and take swings at me and my brothers, was that shaping or scarring? When we watched him grow frustrated with his day job and take solace in music, was that shaping or scarring? Those are all memories but I can't get to them all at once. I've had a whole lifetime to take them in. Now I have a whole book to put them out there."



http://ift.tt/eA8V8J from RollingStone.com: Music http://ift.tt/25VPoUF
via IFTTT

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comentarios:

Instagram