RSS

EDM ♪ Radio ♫ Music For Ever ♥

Try Amazon Music Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial Webplayer Link Music Forever Radio Stream

Maren Morris on Thinking Outside the Box: The Ram Report

Maren Morris has been compared to everyone from Bonnie Raitt to Rihanna, with the diverse praise a reflection of her many influences. The Texas-born singer-songwriter grew up listening to all kinds of music and showcases her eclectic taste on her upcoming album, Hero.

"This is my first record so I kind of want to come out of the gate doing exactly what I love," she tells Rolling Stone Country of her debut LP, due out June 3rd.

And what she loves is music that can't be put into any sort of box.

"I didn't really set out to make a country or a pop record," says the singer. "I just wanted it to feel like me. And 'me' is listening to. . . so many genres. If it's fun and it's true to you, I don't really see the point of labeling it."

Morris is a co-writer of all 11 tracks on Hero, including the Top 5 country hit, "My Church." Before scoring a record deal, she also wrote for the likes of Kelly Clarkson and Tim McGraw.



http://ift.tt/eA8V8J from RollingStone.com: Music http://ift.tt/22ovw8m
via IFTTT

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comentarios:

Instagram